Average PLI rates....??....

Started by Careofme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Careofme

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so we've pretty much all heard about the PLI crisis gripping physicians across the nation. I was just curious if there are any PLI averages for each specialty listed anywhere...obviously, the surgeons will be more than the IMs and the IMs more than the Family Docs, etc. Probably this is hard to quantitate since every physician is unique (ie group plans, education, etc.). However, does anyone have any discrete figures or rough estimates on how much docs are paying for PLI right now? And are the salaries that are posted around the web net or gross?

Hopefully all these issues will be somewhat resolved by the time I'm done with school and residency....I hope....

Thanks,

care
 
Southern CA PGY 1 salaries probably averate $37,000 give or take...
It will vary by region, but not by specialty, since each hospital pays by Post Grad Year...
 
....thanxs...but do you know what the personal liability insurance rates are for different specialties...I'm just trying to get an idea of the current state of affairs regarding this.