Averaging 24 on AAMC tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oceanicF815

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Averaging around 24-25 on AAMC practice tests. I'm looking to score 26. Based on how the scores turned out for the Jan test takers, how do you think I would fare? I'm taking the exam 04/11
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed - a 26 will get you into places, but shoot for higher. Multiple friends were asked during interviews why there MCAT scores were so "low" in comparison to their grades and extracurriculars.
 
I think most people score either around their average or below. I haven't heard a lot of people scoring above their average so you need to get more practice in if you want to score at least a 26.
 
Don't limit yourself to a 26. This may sound naive, but shoot for a 45, if you don't make it, at least you will have given it your best shot.