"Awaiting Materials"? OPTOMCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JosephDaniel82

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I submitted my OPTOMCAS application last Friday, and on the screen for 'Application Status' it says that the 6 programs I am applying to are still "Awaiting Materials." Am I missing something from them, I know some schools have a supplemental application but I didn't think all of the schools did. In case any one is wondering I applied to NOVA, Midwestern, SCO, UH, UIW, and IUAPR.


Thanks,
Joseph
 
If you have your transcripts sent in and LORs submitted, then I think the school is just processing everything. I think I read somewhere it may take a couple weeks
 
This may seem dumb but do I have to send my transcripts to each school individually? All the grades are in OPTOMCAS as it is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no, you have to send all of your transcripts to optomcas. Optomcas then reports your grades to each of your designated schools.