Away Rotations for IM

Started by satdixon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

satdixon

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am applying IM this upcoming match cycle, and was wondering how important were away rotations for matching at an academic IM program? I am an MD student at a mid tier school in FL, hoping to match back into TX as that is where I am from. I am trying to limit my number of away rotations due to the costs involved. I can obtain a research letter from a TX doctor, but want to know is a clinical away would be worthwhile or make or break my application
 
not necessary but greatly helpful if you're trying to hit a specific program for match. Don't underestimate the effect of making a good impression in person