AZ Pharmacy Tech license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prefarmstu786

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this question has been asked before too, With a CPht license can you work as a pharmacy technician nationwide or just in the state you got your license in?
 
Uh no. Being certified by the PTCB is entirely separate from being licensed in an individual state. Not all states even require tech licenses. You can work as a tech in any state so long as you meet that state's requirements. In AZ you have to have at least a trainee license to do tech work. Being certified by the PTCB alone does not allow you to work in AZ.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uh no. Being certified by the PTCB is entirely separate from being licensed in an individual state. Not all states even require tech licenses. You can work as a tech in any state so long as you meet that state's requirements. In AZ you have to have at least a trainee license to do tech work. Being certified by the PTCB alone does not allow you to work in AZ.

Agreed. Although you are certified, you still must apply for a license in each individual state.
 
Thank You guys for all ur responses. I currently have a trainee license in AZ and I work as a Pharmacy tech. I am gonna move to Oregon during this summer. So that means that I will have to get the trainee license there too? I am planning on getting my Cpht certificate here in AZ, just to get that out of my way.