Bad pcat score!

Started by LoneLy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LoneLy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my first pcat in October and I didn't do so well on it. I don't know if I should retake it because the school I'm applying to just started adding the pcat to the 2010 admission cycle. The last day that the school send out interview invitation is like mid January, but you can still take the pcat in January. So I'm thinking that they won't look much into the pcat for this admission cycle. Should I retake it? I have a 3.7 gpa right now, so would that compensate for the pcat if they look into it for the final decision?
 
You really should contact the school for more information since you haven't provided us with information such as the school you're applying to or a ballpark of your scores.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It might help you if you get an interview. You can always tell them that you are taking the January test and they might wait to see those scores before they accept or reject you. Still, you are better off calling the school. It doesn't make sense to accept January PCAT scores if all the interview spots are handed out before they see the scores. Perhaps they are changing that too.
 
My Composite score is in the 40s. My score was brought down because I got a 3 on RC. I think I skipped a question or a bubble. 🙁

Always double or triple check your bubbling when you've finished a section and have time left... I've always been pretty OCD about that.

Good luck though.
 
Try not studying for the upcoming test. I didnt do to well on my first test so tried something different and didnt study for the second test and my score jumped 25 points.
 
try taking the test with your eyes closed.....sorry couldn't resist loading up on the sarcasm. I think if you are struggling with the test the worst thing to do is not study....absolute worst. If you have determined for a fact that your issue is test taking stress then you would want to replicate the test process to cut down on the stress...but to not study is suicide...and utter foolishness.