Baghdad Dogs

Started by lelolai
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I guess it is just another evil of war. Can't really build dog shelters when schools, hospitals, and homes still need to be rebuilt. Their method of culling the animals is a bit barbaric, if organizations are trying to reach out by offering tranquilizers and euthasol the Iraqi gov't should definitely accept the aid. I like the fact that the one vet took in one of the puppies.
 
The culling itself I believe is necessary for public health and safety reasons. I just don't like the method. Strychnine is NOT a pleasant death. If they can only kill them cheaply, it'd be better if they just sent out trained snipers or experienced hunters the like to shoot them. A professionally placed (ie someone who has been trained well) bullet kills instantaneously. I don't think they have the personnel and resources to actually catch, sedate, and humanely euthanize all of these dogs. 🙁