Basic nuclear medicine question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sumitra Paul

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am basically a software engineer.

Now you must be thinking what a software engineer doing in this forum.
Actually, recently I moved into healthcare domain where we develpe software for Nuclear medicine. But frankly, I have very little or
you can say almost no knowledge of nuclear medicine.

I have few very simple questions if anyone can answer.

What are the differences in Nuclear medicine(NM), PET and Spect images ?
I know like all uses a small amounts of radioactive materials (or tracers) to help diagnose and treat a variety of diseases.

Could you please explain me in your words ?

Our software developement team basically deals with NM, but what I can see is we deal with PET and Spect images as well.
Thanks a lot.