This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingdocs

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Match rate has apparently been lower in the past couple of years? (if someone could speak on that, that would be much appreciated)
  • No built-in time for research
  • Not as big of a health equity powerhouse as UChicago, which I think should be relevant given Baylor's location in Houston and the number of uninsured/underserved (Baylor does have a Care of the Underserved pathway, which I plan on applying for, but unsure how it holds up compared to UChicago's Community Health track)
Baylor grad. To your above points.

- Texas med schools have great cost of living / tuition. Unless you get off WL from UChicago with scholarship, you’ll likely find a 6-figure difference in the cost. Huge perk towards baylor

- built in time for research is kind of useless. Projects take months and longitudinal involvement is the best way to get pubs. I applied to residency with over 10 pubs without a research year (given a mix of luck and hard work) because i participated MS1-4

- Baylor has huge underserved populations through Ben Taub and Harris health. There’s the care of the underserved pathway + many outreach opportunities available for at need communities.

To all the above, i would recommend Baylor unless UChicago comes back with the A + scholarship. At which point you should update thread for further discussion. Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 users