BCP question

Started by 93geo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

93geo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took Thermodynamics through the mechanical engineering department at my school but I would consider it a physics class. When I apply should I use this course toward my BCP or will it have to go into "other science" ?
 
I took Thermodynamics through the mechanical engineering department at my school but I would consider it a physics class. When I apply should I use this course toward my BCP or will it have to go into "other science" ?

Yes, if the class is taken from Physics department. Otherwise, "other science."
 
In your case, Other Science.

I took a microbiology course under the Public Health department and had entered it as "other science" in my AADSAS application. But then the powers that be at AADSAS changed it to "non-science" in the final version that was sent to schools. The course was intensively biology based, but because it was offered by a social science department they didn't consider it a real science course. The ppl at AADSAS double-check your transcripts and what you've entered on the app, so even if you put it as a Physics course they would likely change it to whatever they consider it to be.

Here's their list of course categories:

http://www.adea.org/dental_educatio...ocuments/2011 ADEA AADSAS Course Subjects.pdf
 
Last edited: