Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one is going to give you more money if you don't figure out how to monetize and add value that can't be replaced. An FP with a few months on stroke service during residency can care for 90% of CVAs. Same goes for an NP after several years of experience in a neuro dept. They can read the guidelines and follow them as well as we can. Plus, I think the goal is to make treatments so effective that FPs can do it, when it "happens" there's nothing keeping FM programs from letting their residents spend a few months on a neuro rotation to care for the uncomplicated cases.
quote]
Yah know, you'd think those ASA/AHA Guidelines would just turn stroke care into cookbook medicine and are fairly easy to follow? That being stated, if I had a dollar for every stroke/TIA that was either misdiagnosed by FM/IM/EM, I'd have a lot of dollars!! I am not bashing on these individuals per se, just pointing out that they are more than happy to just do a reflex neurology consult and have no interest in managing the case otherwise.