Best

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted850921

Hey

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well multiple reasons. Firstly, the actual in class Kaplan is most likely taught by some guy who scored above a 512 on the mcat and may not even have teaching experience (thats how it was at my school, one of my friends was actually one of those teachers). A 512 is a good score don't get me wrong but learning and teaching are pretty different. The class itself is pretty lousy- they mainly focus on strategies and no real content. They expect you to learn most of the content yourself. This would normally be okay but you can't double speed through the boring parts that you don't need. Plus some people find their strategies to be not even that good (my girlfriend and other close friends took the real life class so this is second hand information albeit reliable).

I took the online on-demand version of kaplan. It was great because I could double speed through some things and not have to learn some of their terrible strategies. The online resources they give you however are great. I loved all the questions they gave you (full lengths, flash cards etc). The on demand allowed me to go through the whole course in a much more personalized fashion (I like doing all the homework before the class, something that's unrealistic with the frequency the real life one meets at. The problem is with an on-demand class some people can't motivate themselves.

Im going to have to give +1 to Examkrackers as well. They lack a lot of content in some areas (like psych/soc), but their strategies are great (especially for CARS). I've used their books and I've heard good things about their in person course.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well multiple reasons. Firstly, the actual in class Kaplan is most likely taught by some guy who scored above a 512 on the mcat and may not even have teaching experience (thats how it was at my school, one of my friends was actually one of those teachers). A 512 is a good score don't get me wrong but learning and teaching are pretty different. The class itself is pretty lousy- they mainly focus on strategies and no real content. They expect you to learn most of the content yourself. This would normally be okay but you can't double speed through the boring parts that you don't need. Plus some people find their strategies to be not even that good (my girlfriend and other close friends took the real life class so this is second hand information albeit reliable).

I took the online on-demand version of kaplan. It was great because I could double speed through some things and not have to learn some of their terrible strategies. The online resources they give you however are great. I loved all the questions they gave you (full lengths, flash cards etc). The on demand allowed me to go through the whole course in a much more personalized fashion (I like doing all the homework before the class, something that's unrealistic with the frequency the real life one meets at. The problem is with an on-demand class some people can't motivate themselves.

Im going to have to give +1 to Examkrackers as well. They lack a lot of content in some areas (like psych/soc), but their strategies are great (especially for CARS). I've used their books and I've heard good things about their in person course.

Also there's the fact that the kaplan practice questions are not like the MCAT. Examkrackers has much better practice material

Reactions: 1 user