Bio or Zoo?

Started by addisonda
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

addisonda

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pre-pharmacy/premed(undecided) and I am enrolling in my first semester of college and wondering whether I should take Zoology or General Biology? Any input would help very much thank you.
 
General Biology is usually the pre req for pre pharmacy curriculum and Zoo is a biology class intended toward a general biology degree. You can take either one because they don't really relate to each other. In Zoo you study Evolution and Species of different animals and General Bio you get introduction to cells.
 
addisonda said:
I am a pre-pharmacy/premed(undecided) and I am enrolling in my first semester of college and wondering whether I should take Zoology or General Biology? Any input would help very much thank you.

G. bio would be a more practical route to go if you're choosing a health sciences path. Check with any schools that you will be applying to - I believe that G. bio would be the class they will be looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't pre-vets choose zoology over gen. bio? If you're interested in taking zoology theres nothing wrong with that as long as you complete the pre-reqs in time for any pharmacy/med schools that you will be applying to. Good lucks! 👍