Biochem II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chyactnate

SGU SVM c/o 2015!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!!
So I am taking Biochem I with a lab right now (I could even get it counted as graduate level course if I wanted). Is it gonna me necessary for me to take Biochem II? I dont see any of the schools that I am applying to needing it. It runs in a I, II sequence but really you get most of the information in Biochem I and more advance techniques in Biochem II. Instead of taking Biochem II in the spring I would MUCH rather take Advanced Organic Chem as an elective (I am one of those freaks that LOVES Organic). I am going to email the schools I am applying to in the morning just to get there advice, but I was just seeing what you guys thought. Thanks Again 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't remember which ones, but some schools would not be happy with only half of a two-course sequence in biochem.
 
I think that most schools are fine with just the one biochemistry course. The only school that I can even really think of that requires biochemistry 1&2 is TAMU and even they allow biochemistry 2 to be replaced by a cell phys course.