Biology Sequence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Flower_Child

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I take a full sequence in Biology? It doesn't look like its required at Wayne State, which is where I am interested, due to location. University of Michigan looks like they require calculus based physics, and from what I hear I think I would be terrible at it! So I am kind of leaning more towards Wayne. Is biology typically required for other pharm schools? I know it is for Michigan. I am wondering I guess if by me not having it will make me less competitive.
 
I haven't found biology 2 useful at all and I am in my second year of pharmacy school. Calculus based physics may be useful when it comes to pharmacokinetics. Calculus and statistics are two classes that I wish I paid more attention to.
Keep in mind that these prerequisites are put in place for a reason and there are countless of times that I refer to my old undergrad notes.
I really don't think that a biology class will make you more or less competitive unless its required by the institution. One biology class will not make you stand out from the rest that are applying because everyone has the same general prerequisites.
 
I haven't found biology 2 useful at all and I am in my second year of pharmacy school. Calculus based physics may be useful when it comes to pharmacokinetics. Calculus and statistics are two classes that I wish I paid more attention to.
Keep in mind that these prerequisites are put in place for a reason and there are countless of times that I refer to my old undergrad notes.
I really don't think that a biology class will make you more or less competitive unless its required by the institution. One biology class will not make you stand out from the rest that are applying because everyone has the same general prerequisites.

Thanks a lot! Very helpful.