Boston Life ............MCPHS

Started by Phu Pham
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phu Pham

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been searching, but can not find many threads about life in boston. Im from san diego, so this is going to be a big change. Do most you guys commute or get an apartment near school. Should i get a bus pass or should i bring a car. Let me know what you have done. Thanks😀😀
 
Get rid of your car.. Its not needed if your planning on living in the proper/cambridge/somerville etc. Opt for the unlimited semester T pass. Its about $188. I personally wouldn't rent in the allston/roxbury/dorchester areas. But thats me, everyone is different. I'd rather have a smaller place in a safer and more quite area event though its a little further. I hope you like beer and baseball. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.
 
screw the car. Super easy to take the T everywhere ...

and you can always use a zipcar for wherever/whenever you need a car


edit: plus Boston drivers are among the worst in the country
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rent in Boston is outrageous, an apartment near school will cost $$.

A definite NO to bringing a car unless you commute via subway into the city from the suburbs.
 
Agree to not need a car. Parking in and around the city is bad. The T goes anywhere you may need to go, including the airport/train station. Many students live in Fenway, JP, Brighton, Mission Hill for cheaper rents. I would live near school as opposed to commuting.