Breed specific legislation on St Kitts?

Started by kRiiS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kRiiS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if you are or aren't allowed to bring pitbulls onto the island? I can't find anything online banning pits from coming onto the island but a few Ross grads have told me that I may not be able to bring my pitty.
 
Yeah, that list is pretty strict. They don't allow pit bulls or any dog that may resemble one. It's probably because most people here are already afraid of dogs enough, I'm pretty sure they'd have a heart attack or something if they saw a pit bull, although personally I think the assumption that all pits are mean is BS. My landlord has 2 terriers in the yard (think Westies but with black and brown coloring as well as white) who are really sweet despite occasional barking, and the guy who came to install my internet would not come in unless I kept the dogs over in the corner of the yard while he ran to the front door. 🙄

Anyway, sorry that you can't bring your pit. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Z- i've heard this too. Any idea why the locals are so afraid of dogs? Is it cultural?
 
This really sux =( I guess I just have to leave the pup with my parents

Do you guys know if Grenada doesn't allow pits either?

Thanks!