Brookwood Baptist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eagles6389

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone rotate/interview/match at Brookwood Baptist's general surgery program and care to share their experience? I heard that interns are overworked there and that they also compete with UAB for bread and butter general surgery cases.
 
Disclaimer: I’m clincal faculty at that program, and all the interns spend a month with me and my partner.

I don't percieve they are over worked at all, particularly compared to what it was like 10-15 years ago. They’re busy but pretty happy i think, certainly compared to their classmates at UAB. They also do a LOT more surgery then a UAB rsident will, certainly in the pgy 1-3 years. The critical care and trauma experience is light, as would be common at most community programs, but i dont think most surgery residents benefit so much from overly trauma heavy programs to begin with