"Build order" for pre-reqs

Started by torifile
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

torifile

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting back in the Fall to pick up the pre-reqs for med school. My plan is to apply in 08 for the 09 year. I "need" 5 courses but I plan to retake bio 101 (first semester) and org 1. I placed out of bio 101 while I was an undergrad and I need to review org 1 before I can feel comfortable taking org 2 (plus my B- in org 1 when I was an undergrad is chaffing on me).

My required courses, including those 2 retakes:

- biology 101 with lab, 202 (just second semester) and cell/molecular biology (3 total)
- org 1 (lab completed) and org 2
- physics 1 and 2 (with labs)

My plan was to start with Bio 101 and org 1 this fall. Take Bio 202 and org 2 in the spring and physics 1 during the first summer session. Taking the second part of the summer off to study for the MCATs in August and complete my requirements in the Fall/spring of 08/09.

How does that sound to people? Is it a bad idea to hold off on the physics until the summer and not complete second semester before taking it?