This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoliDeoGloria_1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should contact schools and see if you can find out why you did not receive interviews. There could be a weak LOR in your application that you are unaware of. If you reapply in June I suggest these schools:
Washington University
Northwestern
U Chicago
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Ohio State
Illinois
Case Western
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Vermont
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Jefferson
UVA
Duke
USF Morsani
Miami
Emory
Vanderbilt
Kaiser
California University
USC Keck
The UC's

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

1. UCD
2. UCI
3. UCLA
4. UCSD
5. UCSF
6. USC
7. Kaiser Permanente
9. Albert Einstein
10. Boston University
11. Case Western
12. Dartmouth
13. Hofstra/Northwell
14. Icahn @ Mt. Sinai
16. Jefferson
19. NYU (maybe)
Columbia
21. Pitt
22. Rochester
Emory
USF
SLU
28. Vermont
30. Western Michigan
CalU Med
Mayo
Duke
Get in more service to others less fortunate than yourself

Rewrite all essays and have multiple eyeballs vet them

Add some DO schools to the list if you get not IIs by October (TUNCOM, AZCOM, both Westerns, Touro CA, PacNW)

With only few exceptions, your OOS list is not a match for your stats.

Thanks very much for the advice! Moving forward, what guidelines would you recommend in terms of matching OOS schools with my stats?

You should contact schools and see if you can find out why you did not receive interviews. There could be a weak LOR in your application that you are unaware of. If you reapply in June I suggest these schools:
Washington University
Northwestern
U Chicago
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Ohio State
Illinois
Case Western
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Vermont
Dartmouth
Brown
Boston University
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Jefferson
UVA
Duke
USF Morsani
Miami
Emory
Vanderbilt
Kaiser
California University
USC Keck
The UC's

Got it, thank you for the advice! If it were a weak LOR, is that something that you would expect schools to be transparent about? Because I do think that is a significant possibility. (And if so, do you have any recommendations on improving them as a post-grad, if my reservations are primarily regarding the professor LORs?)

Get in more service to others less fortunate than yourself

Rewrite all essays and have multiple eyeballs vet them

Add some DO schools to the list if you get not IIs by October (TUNCOM, AZCOM, both Westerns, Touro CA, PacNW)

Thanks very much for the advice! And with those things in mind, do you think it would be realistic/wise to re-apply this upcoming cycle? Or would you suggest I delay one more year?

Thanks very much for the advice! Moving forward, what guidelines would you recommend in terms of matching OOS schools with my stats?
Your stats should be at or slightly above the median for the OOS private schools to which you apply. Apply to all your IS schools.

Your stats should be at or slightly above the median for the OOS private schools to which you apply. Apply to all your IS schools.

Got it. Thanks very much!

And also if I may trouble you with one more question, in your opinion, do you think it would be reasonable to reapply this coming cycle and primarily make adjustments to my school list + essays?

And also if I may trouble you with one more question, in your opinion, do you think it would be reasonable to reapply this coming cycle and primarily make adjustments to my school list + essays?
In your case, yes.

Got it, thank you for the advice! If it were a weak LOR, is that something that you would expect schools to be transparent about? Because I do think that is a significant possibility. (And if so, do you have any recommendations on improving them as a post-grad, if my reservations are primarily regarding the professor LORs?)
Some schools may reveal or hint that a LOR was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.