Calculus at Berkeley Extension

Started by autey1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

autey1

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My post-bacc requires a calculus class and recommended this one, but I was wondering if anyone who has taken it has had any horror stories/if there is any reason I shouldn't take the class online through Berkeley Extension? thanks
 
I took it and had no problem! I didn’t really use the videos much because I thought the textbook did a great job (but I like learning from textbooks). The final isn’t weighted too heavily, so if you do well on the homework you really just have to pass the final. And it’s self-paced, so it was always easy to stay on top of it. I’d definitely recommend it!
 
I took it and had no problem! I didn’t really use the videos much because I thought the textbook did a great job (but I like learning from textbooks). The final isn’t weighted too heavily, so if you do well on the homework you really just have to pass the final. And it’s self-paced, so it was always easy to stay on top of it. I’d definitely recommend it!
Thanks!! And sorry, just a clarification: are you saying if I do well on the homework, I would just need to pass the final to get an A in the course, or would that also just be to pass the course?
 
Thanks!! And sorry, just a clarification: are you saying if I do well on the homework, I would just need to pass the final to get an A in the course, or would that also just be to pass the course?

To get an A! I pretty much barely passed the final (I was taking a full post-bac course load at the same time so I just didn’t study lol), but because I basically aced the homework, I still got an A. Totally doable!