Calculus requirement?

Started by Benelli
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Benelli

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a survey of calculus class when I got my Bachelor's and did well in it. It's title was Math 180 Survey of Calculus. I was reading pre-pharm reqs on a few school sites and some say that this needs to be a series calc class even though I covered all the required material that the school sites listed. I am not sure if mine would qualify as equivalent. Is there a procedure or something I can do to see if I need to retake this calculus course? Should I contact my schools of interest and verify that it would transfer?
 
I would contact the schools in question.

When I was going over this for myself there were some schools who required certain material that was covered in Calc I and Calc II in my school. Other pharm schools were okay with me just taking Calc I.

In addition I have also heard of schools requiring the Calc class be at least 4 credits and a 200(0)+ level course