Calculus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrStraggler

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking up Pre-Med Reqs and it looks like only a handful of schools require calculus, and a significant bunch recommend it. I have to take Business Calc for Gened requirements, will that suffice for the calculus requirement?

I've emailed a few schools that I'm interested in, but I was hoping to get an SDN opinion.
 
I haven't even used division yet in med school.

Some school requires calculus, others statistics, some will accept both, or require both. Look at what schools need what and see. 1 class of calculus will make you smarter. 1 class of statistics will be very useful for writing those publications. 🙂
 
if you haven't already, check out the MSAR. Should tell you exactly what you need
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is that legal? To put MSAR stats like that on a college webpage?

To OP: Not sure what Business Calculus is...I would compare B.C. syllabus with normal calculus syllabus and see similarities/differences. You can also call AAMC and ask. 🙂
 
I would take it just so it widely increases your potential medical school pool. Personally, I'm taking both Calc I & II, plus Stats. I want to be able to apply to as many schools as possible and so should you. Good luck!