-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California Schools?!
Started by Shazzamo5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I decided on UOP! Cant beat class size of 35 and a 2 year program.
This means someone gets my spot at Samuel Merritt, USC, MSMC, and Fresno State. Hope that person/people is someone here! Good luck everyone!
I decided UOP too!! It's gonna be a crazy 2 years but it'll be worth it? Where are you originally from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heyy EricNguyenPT,Applied to: Chapman, Western, MSMC, CSUN, CSUFresno, CSULB
Acceptances: Chapman, MSMC, CSU - FRESNO, CSUN
Rejections: None yet
Declined: MSMC, Chapman, Western
Just got into Northridge. Anyone else going to Northridge this coming Fall?
Where did you end up deciding to go? 🙂
Heyy EricNguyenPT,
Where did you end up deciding to go? 🙂
I am 99% sure i'm going to CSUN. I need to write a letter and rescind my acceptance to Fresno. where are you going?
I am 99% sure i'm going to CSUN. I need to write a letter and rescind my acceptance to Fresno. where are you going?
I'm thinking about Northridge as well, but I REALLY want to go to Fresno State. As of right now I'm #2 on the waitlist.
I'm thinking about Northridge as well, but I REALLY want to go to Fresno State. As of right now I'm #2 on the waitlist.
Out of curiosity, why do yo you want to go to Fresno over Northridge?
I decided UOP too!! It's gonna be a crazy 2 years but it'll be worth it? Where are you originally from?
I'm originally from San Francisco and did my undergrad at UC Davis. What about you?
Has anyone who applied for the 2011 Start Date for APU (Azusa) heard back yet? I still haven't.....I heard interviews are April 9th, but still haven't heard anything!
anyone get accepted to CSULB and going? I am deciding between Long Beach and Northridge.
Applied: USC, Western University, Chapman, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge
Interviews: CSU Fresno, Western University
Acceptances: USC, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, Western University
Rejection: Chapman (My writing score on GRE was 0.5 lowered than their cut-off)
After deliberate research and soul searching for what I truly want while in school and after I graduate, I have decided to attend CSU Northridge for Class of 2013. Is there anyone joining me in the fall?? Feel free to PM me. 🙂
Interviews: CSU Fresno, Western University
Acceptances: USC, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, Western University
Rejection: Chapman (My writing score on GRE was 0.5 lowered than their cut-off)
After deliberate research and soul searching for what I truly want while in school and after I graduate, I have decided to attend CSU Northridge for Class of 2013. Is there anyone joining me in the fall?? Feel free to PM me. 🙂
waitlisted at CSUN :/
When did you find out cuz I still haven't heard from them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the people who got accepted to Fresno State and declined did you send in a letter stating that you declined?
I'm very high on the wait list and as of right now Fresno State is my ONLY option. =/ I've talked to the PT department and they can't officially take people off the wait list until they have letters from the individuals that declined.
I'm very high on the wait list and as of right now Fresno State is my ONLY option. =/ I've talked to the PT department and they can't officially take people off the wait list until they have letters from the individuals that declined.
Don't know if you've already decided....but couple things to consider. First, UOP's program may be more expensive, but you should compare the cost of living of Stockton and Pomona. A 1bd apt in Stockton won't run you more than $700 likely, but if you look in Pomona you're looking at $950+ for a 1bd. So consider that you live in Stockton for 2 years at that price, and Pomona for 3 years at $300 more, well it changes the perspective a bit. (Also, if you go to UOP, by year 3 you will be practicing w/ a job while others will still be in school). Ultimately I think you need to go with whichever program makes you the happiest. Have finances be the final decision maker. And if it really just comes down to the money, you need to sit down and crunch the numbers.University of the Pacific vs. Western University. Which one should I choose?!
I'm torn between UOP and Western. UOP is $150k and since i live in riverside i would save about $30k-40k by going to Western. however, UOP is 2 years and has a 99% first time pass rate on the boards. also, would trying to complete a DPT program in 2 years too crazy? any advice?? Thanks!!🙂
Is anyone going to Mt. St. Mary's this fall?? 🙂
It looks like I am, just got a call the other night informing me there's a spot available! 😀
Only acceptance I've gotten in 3 years of applying to DPT programs/retaking courses, etc.
I'm still on FIU's wait list and I have an interview with St Augustine on July 30th but by the time I hear back from them I'd already be in LA, about to start classes.
So MSMC it is!