Can I get into a SMP with only the required premed science courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

superwizard

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a degree in English lit and the only science courses I took as an undergrad were in the major requirements. Can I get into a master's in physiology program somewhere without a science degree? Thanks to anyone who knows
 
I have a degree in English lit and the only science courses I took as an undergrad were in the major requirements. Can I get into a master's in physiology program somewhere without a science degree? Thanks to anyone who knows

Have you finished the med school prereqs?

If not, a postbac would be a much better choice for you. SMPs are usually for people that have already finished the prereqs and taken the MCAT.
 
I have a degree in English lit and the only science courses I took as an undergrad were in the major requirements. Can I get into a master's in physiology program somewhere without a science degree? Thanks to anyone who knows

You don't need a science degree.
You just need an MCAT/GRE score. It's a fact that someone I know has a B.A. with a major in English, got accepted into Georgetown's physiology SMP, and is now an M1 there.