Canadian applicant

Started by Hopeful19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopeful19

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.57 gpa and I am writing my MCAT this summer. I've had 2 years of research and currently doing another research position. I've volunteered at a hospital for 2 years. What chances do I have for a DO school? Is it especially hard because I am a Canadian student? If there is a forum link anyone can help me with that would be great!

Thank you!
 
depends on the cats...

anything above 27-28...ull have a shot at most DO schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the "hard" thing is..most schools DO/MD are not canadian friendly...

so the pot already from the start gets cut in half

some say they are intl friendly..but they are not...case in point PCOM and UNE...

apple early!! get ur stuff together fast..ref letter and letter of intent etc..contact the school and show interest...but with the mcat above 27-28 ull get an ok

Can friendly:
azcom, lmu, touro-ny, ccom, msu (can initiative), nova, kcumb, western

..i think thats the list..
 
I have a 3.57 gpa and I am writing my MCAT this summer. I've had 2 years of research and currently doing another research position. I've volunteered at a hospital for 2 years. What chances do I have for a DO school? Is it especially hard because I am a Canadian student? If there is a forum link anyone can help me with that would be great!

Thank you!


depends on the cats...

anything above 27-28...ull have a shot at most DO schools

the "hard" thing is..most schools DO/MD are not canadian friendly...

so the pot already from the start gets cut in half

some say they are intl friendly..but they are not...case in point PCOM and UNE...

apple early!! get ur stuff together fast..ref letter and letter of intent etc..contact the school and show interest...but with the mcat above 27-28 ull get an ok

Can friendly:
azcom, lmu, touro-ny, ccom, msu (can initiative), nova, kcumb, western

..i think thats the list..

thats a total of 8/+30 schools that accept canadians!

Merging related threads. 🙂
 
Last edited: