Canadian vs UofP

Started by marzena
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

marzena

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am a Canadian who is ecstatic about getting an offer to go get a DDS at the Uof P.

I have also gotten an offer from a Canadian School (Dalhousie) which would allow me to practice in Canada with no DDS at a much lower cost.

I would appreciate any advice on this choice. What are the advantages of a DDS after graduation.
 
Dalhousie is a DMD and is cheaper, I would go there. Even if you went to U of P you could go practice in Canada with the NDEB.
 
Hi,

I would appreciate any info on the Canadian exams one must right after getting a American DDS.

I have been told they can take up to a year and are rather difficult?
 
I am an American and I got into Dalhousie, Case Western, and Marquette. I chose to go to Case Western because I feel that I will receive a better clinical experience. Although, I really liked Dr. Cunningham and the staff at Dalhousie and I feel that one could get a lot of one-on-one attention from professors.