Canadians taking DAT on Nov. 6

Started by october
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

october

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So any other Canadians studying for the DAT on Nov. 6???

How's the studying going??? I'm having trouble with PAT.
 
october said:
So any other Canadians studying for the DAT on Nov. 6???

How's the studying going??? I'm having trouble with PAT.

hey whats up. ya ill be taking it on november 6th too. everything is ok..except for the top right end and keyholes part of the pat. for some reason i am getting 5-7/15 right on keyholes..and top right end i just can't do it..so i put C for all of them and move on. i usually get 45/45 right for cubes,hole punching and angles so i'm hoping i'll be able to pull off an 18-19 without wasting time on top right end which i can't do anyways. plus that will leave plenty of time for pattern folding..

i am also practising my carving now..and let me tell u its not easy.
 
I'm using the Kaplan blue book as my main prep. I've also got another DAT book from the library which has practice questions.

I haven't really started practicing carving. I'll probably start later this week.
 
october said:
I'm using the Kaplan blue book as my main prep. I've also got another DAT book from the library which has practice questions.

I haven't really started practicing carving. I'll probably start later this week.

here's a tip. always carve towards yourself..and never carve towards the edge..you will most likely chip the soap and screw up the part of the soap that you're not supposed to carve off. also color in the parts that need to be cut out..helps that way. and remember you only have 1/2 hour to complete..so time yourself.