Cancel Oct PCAT

Started by chaunguyen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chaunguyen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I plan to take the PCAT again in Oct, but I don't think I can make a lot of improvement. I plan to cancel my registration. I know it too late right now to cancel online, I may have to call Pearson.
If I cancel the test, or take the test, then select the No Score option. Is there anyway pharmacy school can see that I void my test?
Thanks,
 
*BUMP*

I'm actually in the same situation. I'm going to cancel my registration but am thinking about taking it to get a feel for it first and select the don't submit option (I mean, if I'm going to loose out on $150, I might as well get use out of it). Will pharm schools see that we did this? Please help us out guys! =(
 
I'm pretty sure that the no score option is just the same as if you never took the test. If you are going to lose out on the money anyway, I recommend sitting for the exam for the experience but not having it scored. If it makes you nervous, call up Pearson and ask them if it shows up anywhere. I called them once and was impressed by their customer service.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't show up. Last year's October PCAT, I was unable to take the test so I called them and they told me I didn't even have to show up. So I didn't and the test never showed up again. I had the scores sent to PharmCAS and it shows nothing... as if I didn't even sign up for it in the first place.

If you feel as if you wont do particularly well, I would still go anyways. There really is no reason to not take it if you are already signed up for it. It is to my understanding that pharmacy schools will only see your highest PCAT attempt so it is definitely worth a shot.

What's the worst that can happen? You lose ~5-6 hours of your life? 😎