Canceling Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coleus blumei

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find myself in the position of needing to cancel interviews I already set up in order to have time to go to interviews to places I would much rather go. How much time is sufficient as advance notice to let the programs know I am canceling my interview with them? Is a month long enough? Six weeks? Also, will doing this negatively affect my application for other programs? I don't think programs will take this personally, right? Is anybody else in the same boat?
 
Last edited:
I'm in the exact same boat as you and unfortunately, I don't have the nice cush 4th year schedule (months off for interviews) to do this process in. Definitely causing some unneeded stress... :scared: Is 5 days too little notice to make a difference? Please let me know immediately if you are "in the know" about these things.
 
Last edited: