CARDS VS CC/Pulmo

Started by Terex
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Terex

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the same dilemma..I'm torn between critical care& Cards But I'm more of NON invasive cardiology/preventive cardiology not EP or Interventional..I'm happy seeing Heart failure patients gets well...One thing that makes me fear at with cardiology is its competitiveness..I'm from a University affiliated Community Hospital and I don't have any research/articles except for case reports presented to ACP yearly...I can get LORs from 1 attending that revoulutionalize Plavix and from a cardiologist from a University Hospital(University of MD& Johns Hopkins after my Heart failure rotation)...

I'm also interested with critical care as i practiced critical care for 5-6 yrs as a nurse before and i can get LORS from head of MICU& other CC/Pulmo attendings and I guess I have more chance of getting a CC/Pulmo fellowship than Cardiology fellowship BUT I love cardiology.. but how can I be more competitive? as I dont have much onterest with research..Kindly somebody help me to decide..
 
Can anyone help me?

I have the same dilemma..I'm torn between critical care& Cards But I'm more of NON invasive cardiology/preventive cardiology not EP or Interventional..I'm happy seeing Heart failure patients gets well...One thing that makes me fear at with cardiology is its competitiveness..I'm from a University affiliated Community Hospital and I don't have any research/articles except for case reports presented to ACP yearly...I can get LORs from 1 attending that revoulutionalize Plavix and from a cardiologist from a University Hospital(University of MD& Johns Hopkins after my Heart failure rotation)...

I'm also interested with critical care as i practiced critical care for 5-6 yrs as a nurse before and i can get LORS from head of MICU& other CC/Pulmo attendings and I guess I have more chance of getting a CC/Pulmo fellowship than Cardiology fellowship BUT I love cardiology.. but how can I be more competitive? as I dont have much onterest with research..Kindly somebody help me to decide..