certified pharm tech requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

azncrusador

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in CA and I know that you must be certified to work as a pharmacy technician. But I was wondering if any place would hire me without being certified and help me train and pass the test. It seems that's what some people did but I get confused when the government says you must be certified.

Thanks.
 
check out retail places like walgreens and CVS. they'll help you get licensed.
 
In CA - to be a tech....you must be able to be registered with the State Board of Pharmacy....you can access the requirements by checking their website.

You can be hired as a clerk in CA.....but....I'm not sure how much training you'll have - you still must qualify - again..check the website or pm me.

You can do this on your own - its not hard. Get a book & study. You can also take a 9 mo class at a CC or pay really big, big bucks at a private school.

Buy the book, study, take the test & pay your money. Then you're good to go!

You can't be paid as a tech unless you're registered as a tech. Thats it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know a link for a pharm tech book? One that will be good.
 
Anyone know a link for a pharm tech book? One that will be good.

Start by doing an advanced search using the words pharmacy tech study materials

Others may have more current & recent materials.....I think there is one by Mosby - Review for the PTCB Certification Examination thru Amazon...