This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alongstrangetrip

Reaction score
Deleted for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're already in the SMP, I feel like you're kind of committed to it. Someone else probably has better advise on if you should drop it now or how to proceed.

What were your year by year GPA breakdowns? I think if you're last two year GPA was above 3.6/3.7 and included science courses you would be competitive as it currently stands for a good chunk of MD schools.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Brown
Tufts
Boston University
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Seton Hall
Pittsburgh
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Ohio State
Cincinnati
More clinical exposure hours always helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the SMP is too expensive you could take undergraduate level science courses at a local college in order to raise your sGPA. This is needed only if you have to reapply next year. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have almost a 75% chance for a MD acceptance.

The upward trend is good; if you're doing well in the SMP (3.7+) AND can afford it, stick with it. I don't think an SMP is strictly necessary for you; you only need a DIY postbacc to cap off the upward trend. However, whether or not you should drop out of an SMP to enroll in a DIY postbac is a bit above my paygrade... @Goro or @LizzyM might have some better advice here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.