Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nocturnal Doc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Resolved Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Augusta University or Colorado as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay, did you get accepted? Also, what kind of stats did you have?
I'm in my last year of undergrad at NSU for the 3+4 program. Per their website, your stats might not qualify for the 3+4 program. I'd suggest reaching out to them!

I'm in my last year of undergrad at NSU for the 3+4 program. Per their website, your stats might not qualify for the 3+4 program. I'd suggest reaching out to them!
Yeah, how about for some of the other colleges?

Colorado has a pipeline program called BA/BS-DDS which is 4 years of undergraduate (at University of Colorado Denver) and you are guaranteed a seat at CU (4 years of dental school). BUT you have to be a Colorado Resident to apply. But their average GPA is like 3.8 and ACT 31+.

Colorado also has a program called Undergraduate Pre-Health Program (UPP) and you can attend any undergraduate college/university in Colorado and apply to it any time during undergrad as long as it’s a year before you apply to dental school. It’s basically an internship. You do Saturday Academies once a month for a while school year and then during the summer you work/intern M-F 8-5 at the CU dental school and upon completion you are guaranteed an interview to CU Dental. After your summer internship, all the admissions pretty much knows you.

Colorado has a pipeline program called BA/BS-DDS which is 4 years of undergraduate (at University of Colorado Denver) and you are guaranteed a seat at CU (4 years of dental school). BUT you have to be a Colorado Resident to apply. But their average GPA is like 3.8 and ACT 31+.

Colorado also has a program called Undergraduate Pre-Health Program (UPP) and you can attend any undergraduate college/university in Colorado and apply to it any time during undergrad as long as it’s a year before you apply to dental school. It’s basically an internship. You do Saturday Academies once a month for a while school year and then during the summer you work/intern M-F 8-5 at the CU dental school and upon completion you are guaranteed an interview to CU Dental. After your summer internship, all the admissions pretty much knows you.
Oh, okay. I went to a T30 nation school, and our classes are very tough to achieve a good grade. I've taken a plethora of AP classes, which I hope they'll realize; however, I'm not sure that they will realize the rigor of my school.

If it's not too late I would try for a higher ACT score and try taking the SAT! Ivy leagues like the SAT more, but smaller schools will take a good ACT. my highest SAT and ACT scores were after i submitted all of my applications (took them oct-nov of senior year).

I'm in a 3+4 accelerated program, my ACT was 32, SAT was 1440, and GPA was a 4.0 unweighted, but I didn't have as many EC's as you do. My main selling points were my GPA, a science fair project i did on mouthwash, and about 50 hours shadowing. so the only thing you can really boost right now is your SAT/ACT score!

there's a lot more programs out there than you listed. i applied to 5 programs only (one of them was at my safety school) and a lot of them will only interview you if your standardized test scores are higher and you took the SAT. i think the program i ended up choosing took my ACT score more seriously so it's not the end of the world if you don't take the SAT, but I would try to get that score higher.

also, schools probably wouldn't care that you took all AP classes or how rigorous your school is, they expect you to take on only what you can handle and get through with flying colors lol. a tough pill to swallow, i know, but there are so many applicants like you who believe in themselves so strongly, and with good reason too cause y'all are awesome, but it's just too many kids with too many similar attributes, they're looking for the ones that really wow them.

still try to apply though! you've got lots of experience that will help balance out your GPA, and if you talk up your dental experience at an interview, you have a really good chance.

If it's not too late I would try for a higher ACT score and try taking the SAT! Ivy leagues like the SAT more, but smaller schools will take a good ACT. my highest SAT and ACT scores were after i submitted all of my applications (took them oct-nov of senior year).

I'm in a 3+4 accelerated program, my ACT was 32, SAT was 1440, and GPA was a 4.0 unweighted, but I didn't have as many EC's as you do. My main selling points were my GPA, a science fair project i did on mouthwash, and about 50 hours shadowing. so the only thing you can really boost right now is your SAT/ACT score!

there's a lot more programs out there than you listed. i applied to 5 programs only (one of them was at my safety school) and a lot of them will only interview you if your standardized test scores are higher and you took the SAT. i think the program i ended up choosing took my ACT score more seriously so it's not the end of the world if you don't take the SAT, but I would try to get that score higher.

also, schools probably wouldn't care that you took all AP classes or how rigorous your school is, they expect you to take on only what you can handle and get through with flying colors lol. a tough pill to swallow, i know, but there are so many applicants like you who believe in themselves so strongly, and with good reason too cause y'all are awesome, but it's just too many kids with too many similar attributes, they're looking for the ones that really wow them.

still try to apply though! you've got lots of experience that will help balance out your GPA, and if you talk up your dental experience at an interview, you have a really good chance.
Awesome, thanks for the reply I truly appreciate it. In regards to my school, I kind of figured and anticipated that they would've rather preferred me to go with an easier route; however, it's the nature of my school that doesn't even offer the honors courses only AP courses which put me in a tough situation. If you don't mind, could I shoot you a PM?

Reactions: 1 user