chances for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChildPsych7

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are my chances for psychiatry 2008 🙁:

Step 1: 79 (2nd attempt)
Step 2CK: 89 (2nd attempt)
Step 2CS: pass
IMG
Graduation year: 2006
ECFMG certified: 2006
US Clinical Experience, non-psychiatry: 6 month
US Research Experience, non-psychiatry: 1.5 year
Non-US, Psychiatry experience: 2 months
US Psychiatry research experience in Mount Sinai, NY: 4 months and continue
Need visa, will take J1 or H1 (will take step 3, this December).
3 very strong letters from Mount Sinai Psychiatry

As you see I show interest and try my best to compensate for my attempts, I am applying only to non competetive IMG friendly hospitals...
 
nobody could/should predict anyone's chances of getting a residency position. But my word of advice is, financial limits taken into consideration, not to limit your search to a certain group of programs, but to apply to as many programs as possible.
 
Thanks alot slop🙂 and a special thank you to sgo340😛, since you are my hero:banana: and I absoluteluty love your blog:corny:!

I am trying my best and I am going to get it!!!:horns: