Chances in '09?

Started by New2this
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

New2this

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, this isn't my first time posting here but I will just introduce myself again. I am a student going to San Jose State University. Originally when i began my academic journey I was a pre-pharm student. But since then I have given dental a long thought as well, but after some experiences in the fields I am leaning towards pharmacy. My dilemma lies in the fact that over this span I started out as a slow student. My gpa as it currently stands is roughly 2.8 with a science of 2.75. I am in my last year and I hope that I can raise this gpa up to the 2.9 level. Next fall I plan on doing an informal post-bac to help raise my gpa. I also plan on retaking Chem 1 and physics 1(both of which I got C's in 4 years ago). Assuming I can pull these off my gpa should comfortably sit above 3.0 around the 3.1 range. I have yet to take the pcat or dat, though I have begun preping for the DAT to take in june '08(dental is my backup plan). I plan on applying for the '09 fall session and hopefully get my stuff in early in june/july '08. My question is since I would be doing the post-bac in '08, a year ahead of the fall that i plan to attend pharm school, would the effort I'd be putting in my post-bac have any effect whatsoever? Or would that be something that would be more benificial to me in '09 if I applied for the fall '10 session.