ChicagoRads

Started by SZivin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SZivin

ChiRadWannabe
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, here's my first post. I'm sure I'll be writing things that have already been answered in some way. I am finishing my 3rd year at Loyola and want to go into Radiology. I 100% want to stay in Chicago. Was wondering which programs are better than the others. I think Northwestern is pretty tough, but other than that I have no idea. I assume the university based programs are better than community hospital residencies. Where do Rush, UIC, U of Chicago, Loyola (where I'm at), and Northwestern compare to each other and to the radiology programs in the country?? I know there are different things that one looks for in different programs but is there any sort of ranking on the internet? Possibly based on newer/better/more advanced technology? Anyone reading this post within one of these Rads residencies and could make any comments about them? Is it recommended I choose the one I like best and do an away rotation there? Any other suggestions or comments about being in my shoes and things I should do to better my chances of staying in Chicago and getting into a good program? Thank you.