choosing internships

Started by Icansee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Icansee

PCO c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that science related internships (such as research or interning at a hospital) are always a bonus when applying to optometry/medical school, but what about non-science related internships that are related to working with people such as H.R. or management?

I ask this because I got an offer to be an intern at Aflac (which I know sells supplemental health insurance) doing sales, H.R., or management. I don't know what it's like to be in any of those fields but I think it may help me with people management when I become an optometrist. Does anyone think that the Optometry school application reviewers at the schools I apply to will view this internship in a positive and worthwhile light or should I stay away from it?

Thanks in advance for your response!