Cliff's Test Prep Chemistry Section

Started by JPharm228
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JPharm228

Accepted Pharmacy Student
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone shed some light on an issue here? Is it me or does the Chemistry section of the Cliff's PCAT 5 practice tests seem really really challenging?
 
I find Cliff's challenging as well, but I haven't taken the real PCAT. I've also practiced with Barron's and Kaplan's which I found to be less difficult.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen several questions in Cliff's Notes that requires you to memorize the atomic numbers of elements (such as uranium in the second practice exam). Can anyone who has taken PCAT recently let me know if that sort of questions are likely to be encountered on the real PCAT? Thx!
 
I'm actually nailing good scores using the cliffs. I do find it extremely challenging though... so I was wondering if it's like this at all. The only section I am doing 50% is in the verbal, the analogies are killing it for me, however, in the rest of the sections I'm getting 80-95%. Does anyone know if the analogies on the PCAT are tough as these, because I must admit, I haven't seen some of these words in my life.
 
I've seen several questions in Cliff's Notes that requires you to memorize the atomic numbers of elements (such as uranium in the second practice exam). Can anyone who has taken PCAT recently let me know if that sort of questions are likely to be encountered on the real PCAT? Thx!
Know weights and atomic numbers of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and hydrogen to the nearest whole number (so oxygen would have a weight of 16). For the purposes of the PCAT that's to the extent of the periodic table that you'd have to memorize. They don't make ridiculously hard to solve calculations on the chemistry section.