Community College

Started by PTtoMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTtoMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been reading a few of the newer threads and there seemed to be a recurrent theme of- 'avoid taking pre-req's at a CC'. It put me in a bit of a panick as that is where i took all of my pre-req's years ago. Also, I start organic at the same CC in the fall. For what it's worth-the CC by me has a great reputation and a very high transfer rate to 4 year schools.

I have posted my stats before-4 year BA (competetive school) 3.3, 2 years post bacc/science (CC) 3.9, MSPT at a top school 3.7.
Although i really can't afford it (unless i put the tuition on a credit card), should i try to get into a 4 year program for organic?? Then again, it might be too late.

Are there any/many admitted med students who tool their pre-reqs at a CC??

I have to say that i worked my butt off in all of my science courses. Many of them had a high drop out rate because of the work load. I studied far harder at the CC then i ever did at my undergrad institution. It is frustrating that it is looked down upon.

What is the point of a 5 credit course and 15+ hours per week of studying if it will not be well received by Adcom's???

Any help appreciated as class starts in 2 weeks.
 
Some schools will mind and others will not. Best bet is to contact the schools you are interested in and get it from the horse's mouth.

Best wishes!


I have been reading a few of the newer threads and there seemed to be a recurrent theme of- 'avoid taking pre-req's at a CC'. It put me in a bit of a panick as that is where i took all of my pre-req's years ago. Also, I start organic at the same CC in the fall. For what it's worth-the CC by me has a great reputation and a very high transfer rate to 4 year schools.

I have posted my stats before-4 year BA (competetive school) 3.3, 2 years post bacc/science (CC) 3.9, MSPT at a top school 3.7.
Although i really can't afford it (unless i put the tuition on a credit card), should i try to get into a 4 year program for organic?? Then again, it might be too late.

Are there any/many admitted med students who tool their pre-reqs at a CC??

I have to say that i worked my butt off in all of my science courses. Many of them had a high drop out rate because of the work load. I studied far harder at the CC then i ever did at my undergrad institution. It is frustrating that it is looked down upon.

What is the point of a 5 credit course and 15+ hours per week of studying if it will not be well received by Adcom's???

Any help appreciated as class starts in 2 weeks.