Commute to NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3rdMolarRoller

User Account Deleted
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To anyone that is familiar with the NYC area, I need some small advice. I made my decision to attend NYU and will live with my uncle in NJ to save on living costs. He lives about 15-20 min from Hoboken so I'll take the PATH I guess to 23rd (if that?s a drop off). Should I be correct and that?s the closest, how should I continue to the dental campus? Should it be in the form of public transportation, what would the cost be? Thanks.
 
Here's what NYU says: http://www.nyu.edu/dental/gettinghere.html

But from what I know PATH is going to dump you at 23rd and 6th Ave. Just walk the mile (15-20 min.) to the school or catch a crosstown bus. If it was me and unless it was really cold (very possible on going E-W in manhattan), I would walk.
 
if the path does drop u off 23rd/6th, 6th Ave to 2 Ave is a pretty decent hike, if I remember correctly.

I'd look into taking a cross town bus on 23rd...