Concerns of my Name, how will affect me?

Started by ipodtouch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ipodtouch

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am registered under my Chinese name, however, everyone knows me as my English name.
I just realized that two of my letter writers have written my English name into my LORs instead of my Registered chinese name.

How much of an issue would this be?

For those who choose applicants, has a name ever affected your decision? (Chinese name vs an english name).
 
Back when I applied for med schools under AMCAS, it was possible to specify a preferred name on the application. Maybe you can see if that's possible on ERAS?