Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZeroC0mbine

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i've just received an email from "certiphi" regarding a "AACP-facilitated pilot program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants." did anyone get an email like this? it doesn't say which school is requesting it. is it free? and should i go ahead and do this, or should i contact the school that i will be attending regarding this?
 
i've just received an email from "certiphi" regarding a "AACP-facilitated pilot program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants." did anyone get an email like this? it doesn't say which school is requesting it. is it free? and should i go ahead and do this, or should i contact the school that i will be attending regarding this?

I would contact the school before giving out any information. That is the company that the school I was accepted to uses, but I have no idea how wide spread it is. My school did inform me to watch for their email so i was not suprised when I recieved it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which school did you get into? There are many schools that use this service besides ucsf and ucsd.
 
I was looking at this document: http://www.aacp.org/resources/acade...lines/Documents/PharmCAS 2009-2010 Update.pdf

on page 25, it lists all of the schools that are participating through this third party service. The e-mail that I received was from Certiphi, not from USC, the school that I will be matriculating at. I don't want to submit my information to this third party if it has nothing to do with USC. Certiphi is contracted through Pharmcas, and USC said that they have their own background check forms, so I don't know if I should just ignore the e-mail? I've been accepted to other schools, but I won't be attending them, so I'd rather just not fill this out. No one else received this e-mail?