Contacting Schools

Started by appisin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

appisin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my question, though borne from impatience and worry, is one that I think is worth mentioning...

Is it a good idea to contact schools directly and ask about whether they've received my application and if they consider it complete and ready for review, etc? I'm curious because a number of schools have contacted me saying they've received my apps and are reviewing it, but about half have not. Just curious/ impatient. Thanks in advance 👍
 
I personally think there's no harm in doing so. I contacted all three of the schools I applied to to verify they received my transcripts and GRE information.

Considering how competitive and expensive the application process is for PT, I think it's a great idea to make sure that a) every school received all information it required and b) there are no discrepancies in your application or you forgot to send something.

Hope this helps! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Double check. Last year, I didn't hear from one school and turned out my letter inviting me to an interview got lost in the mail! It is worth dropping an email! Good luck!
 
So my question, though borne from impatience and worry, is one that I think is worth mentioning...

Is it a good idea to contact schools directly and ask about whether they've received my application and if they consider it complete and ready for review, etc? I'm curious because a number of schools have contacted me saying they've received my apps and are reviewing it, but about half have not. Just curious/ impatient. Thanks in advance 👍


There is no harm in doing so. You should contact those schools that have not contacted you themselves regarding the status of your application. You should call 'em and ask if they've received all application materials. Double check to make sure! 😱