Cosmetics and Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sanctuary39

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cosmetic Science Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about obtaining a masters in cosmetic science. I graduated in 2003 with a degree in chemistry and would really like to work for a cosmetics company. Should I go to pharmacy school? Would getting a Ph.D. be a better idea? I've seen only 2 programs in my search: 1. Farleigh Dickinson in NJ and 2. Univ. of Cinncinnatti School of Pharmacy. If you are in any of these programs or know of someone who is please respond!! I need some serious feedback. Should I apply to med school and go into dermatology?

Thank you soo much.
 
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics would probably be the best bet as far as I know.



sanctuary39 said:
Cosmetic Science Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about obtaining a masters in cosmetic science. I graduated in 2003 with a degree in chemistry and would really like to work for a cosmetics company. Should I go to pharmacy school? Would getting a Ph.D. be a better idea? I've seen only 2 programs in my search: 1. Farleigh Dickinson in NJ and 2. Univ. of Cinncinnatti School of Pharmacy. If you are in any of these programs or know of someone who is please respond!! I need some serious feedback. Should I apply to med school and go into dermatology?

Thank you soo much.