CVS pharmacy tech interview

Started by PharmaT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmaT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview with CVS next week and I'm debating whether or not I should tell them I'm applying to Pharmacy school this year. Obviously if they ask I wouldn't lie but would it hurt me? For instance maybe they wouldnt want to hire me because I could possibly be leaving in a year? I'm also not certified so I don't have great chances. Thanks for the input.
 
Tell them youre planning to get certified soon.. the test is easy.. would look good on your pharmacy applications as well..
 
I live in Florida so I can't get certified without official training or a full time course.
Clearly if I got hired I would eventually get certified.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi! i'm from california. i'm a pre pharm and i got an interview with cvs. i wasn't certified either and i gave the interview a shot but i didn't get the job. try it out if not its still good exposure to the job interview process. my faculty knows that i got an interview because i am close with them and commended me for getting the interview and being proactive and at least trying. i am also applying to pharmacy school next year. instead of the job i got a volunteer position elsewhere and my faculty know that so i know they won't hold it against me. i think you should tell them that you got an interview even if you didn't get the job.