DAT vs. PCAT

Started by Lhorn83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lhorn83

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys
I was just wondering, I've already taken the DAT twice and it went okay. However, I'm more interested in pharmacy schools now. How hard is PCAT compared to the DAT. I believe the only two different sections are Verbal and writing. Also I heard there are plenty schools that do not require the PCAT. What do you all think about that? DO those schools have any credibility?
 
The DAT has a much harder Biology section than the PCAT. I thought that the bio questions were pretty striaght forward, none of the off the wall questions that the DAT had.

Chemistry sections are similar, but the math is what killed me. Lots of calculus questions!