"Day of Acceptances"

Started by swarles
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swarles

Class of 2017!!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since tomorrow is the Dental day of acceptances... I was wondering, would you rather have that, or rolling acceptances like pharmacy does?

For those who don't know... For MD/Dental, the schools aren't allowed to give acceptances until a specific date. For instance, MD was October 16th or something, and Dental is Dec 3rd. Then after that, it's basically like a rolling acceptance until class starts.

Although I know that these days are extremely sad for some, I also think it's really exciting. It also prevents the problem of having to put a deposit at a school, then getting accepted to a better school and having to put down another deposit, etc. However, I also think that people don't submit PharmCAS early enough and pharmacy isn't competitive enough for that. Thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also think it'd be nice if schools called for acceptances instead of e-mail. 😀
 
I would much rather have that! My med school friend was totally confused when I explained the amount of money for deposits and how some schools only give 2 weeks to let you pay. She said, " They can't do that!"

It is really expensive....
 
I just put down $1000 to reserve a spot at a school that isn't my top choice... Just because it was the only interview/acceptance I could get before Spring. So, yeah, wishing that didn't have to happen right now.