Declining MED Interviews

Started by Lifedrive
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lifedrive

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would someone please tell me what to write when declining an interview? I am trying to be kind since the programs were kind enough to offer me the interview.

Thanks! 🙂
 
Lifedrive said:
Would someone please tell me what to write when declining an interview? I am trying to be kind since the programs were kind enough to offer me the interview.

Thanks! 🙂

Here is what I came up with that I think is both polite and succinct.

Dear Ms. xxxx:
Thank you for the opportunity to interview at the xxx Internal Medicine program. I have heard that yours is an excellent program, but unfortunately my circumstances have changed and I will no longer be able to attend my interview on xxx. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Sincerely,
BBB

Hope that helps!