Delay start time?

Started by zweeks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zweeks

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can not start my residency in General Surgery in July because of several personal reasons. Is there anyone has experiences about neogotiating the start time with PD? Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
 
I would suggest you ask someone in the program. I have the same problem and brought the topic up during my interview day, so it wasn't unexpected. I emailed the chief resident and he connected me to the program coordinator who is helping me out now. The only potential problem is starting off-cycle, where you might miss the boat (and a year) when applying to fellowships.

Good luck.